Monday, January 3, 2011

45 Down! 157 To Go....

     Today was a gym day and, man, was I ready for it! With all the holidays I haven't gotten to go as much lately. I only went 2 days last week, so I hadn't been since Wednesday so I was definitely ready today. Naturally, since it was right after the holidays, everyone and their brother was there working off Christmas dinner! LOL! I think PT tests are coming up soon too, so people were probably getting ready for that. So there was a lot of waiting around for machines and stuff. But I got an awesome workout so can't beat that :)
    The last couple days have been pretty rough. I am still doing ok with the deployment and all that, and David and I get to talk every day, but I am at that point where I am really starting to feel the loneliness set in. I have been keeping so busy lately, and been so exhausted the rest of the time, that I haven't had much time to think about it. But Austin has been sleeping a little better. Or at least going to bed early and sleeping for a few hours before he wakes up and keeps me awake til 8 or 9 the next morning...lol. Even just that extra 2 hours of sleep before hand is so much help, even if I only get 5 hours of sleep when we go to bed for good. But with that, and the fact that things actually slowed down for us around the holidays, I'm not really going day to day on auto pilot anymore. So it has been a rough few days because I am really starting to feel things instead of going through it mindlessly. Things are starting to pick back up again now that the holidays have passed, so I am hoping that will kind of block the tough stuff out again. 
     Anyways, I am watching the Bachelor while the kids are playing well, then taking them upstairs for bed! Tomorrow we are going to have lunch with my friend Jenny, so I am looking forward to that :) Then Wednesday is gym day again YAY!!!!!

Highlight of the day: Today is my Dad's birthday so  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!! I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about loneliness setting in, but it sounds like your routine is helping! I plan to get a gym routine going soon so I can set some real goals this year. I wish I had as much enthusiasm for the gym as you do!

    I just recently joined the blogging community with stories about my life during my boyfriend's deployment. Read more at: http://bluebutbeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your situation is, but for me the gym has kind of been my lifeline! Just getting in there by myself, turning up some good music and doing whatever I feel like! It is just my alone time to get away and relieve some stress! I have been getting out with friends a lot more and doing stuff and honestly I feel better now than I have in a long time! My boys are on a good schedule and I try to take one night a week away from the kids and do something with friends or whatever, just to have some me time! I think that even though this deployment has been hard, it has been a really good experience for me and I know my husband has really enjoyed the experience too. And honestly it came at a really good time in our marriage too. So I am really getting to a point where everything is really good! I hope it stays this way and that it is not just a phase, a temporary high before another inevitable low, but we'll see! For now I am just going to enjoy it! Good luck to you during your boyfriends deployment and I will definitely check out your blog as well! Thanks for the comments! <3

    ReplyDelete