Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 19

      Wow! I can't believe that this time next week my husband will be home lying in bed with me! I can't wait! Although, we found out today that this trip will be even more bittersweet than we thought. We were planning on having 2 weeks together, but plans have changed and now, by this time in 2 weeks he will be gone for the long haul. We were counting on him having a whole week of leave, then another week where he would be working, but we would still have evenings. And we were going to have Thanksgiving. Now we get none of it. No leave, no Thanksgiving, not even a full week. I cried when he told me. It broke my heart. I know to some that may sound stupid, what is a few extra days right? But I think it would have made a huge difference. A whole week of no work or anything, just good quality family time. Now we won't have that. We are still going to do Thanksgiving while he is home though, so at least it will seem like we got to have it together. And do some of the christmas decorating. At least putting up the tree if nothing else. I will be grateful for whatever time that we have together, but this will be a lot harder, to only get him for a few days.
     Anyways, here it is 1:30 in the morning and my oldest son is literally hanging upside down from the side of the playpen. He is inside of it, but he has his legs hanging over the edge and he is just hanging upside down. In other words, he is not asleep. Ergo, neither am I. We had a small disaster because we couldn't find his monkey, and he refuses to sleep without it! But after a while of going through every room over and over again we finally found it! Thank goodness, because if we hadn't I definitely would not get any sleep! Although right now he is singing "Wooo hoooo! And tonight's gonna be a good good night!" So I don't know if sleep is anywhere in my near future anyways.
     I got more edits done today and I have a newborn shoot tomorrow. I have a few family photo shoots that I had already committed too before David left, but I might just stop doing the outdoor ones while David is gone and stick to indoor shoots like newborn or maternity. That way I am not spending as much in child care and I don't have to leave the kids. I don't know for sure yet, we will just see how things play out. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I have my hands full enough with my household duties as it is...lol! 
     I am exhausted, and Austin is at least quieting down a little bit so maybe if I turn off the tv I can get him to go to sleep! Goodnight!!!

Highlight of the Day: I was trying to feed Austin and asked him if he wanted a bite and he said "No Mommy, I'm a robot!" LOL! I have no clue where he even got that from but I about died laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment