Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hell Week Day 2

    I am happy to say, I don't think Hell Week will apply as much this time around. Today was the first full day without David and it has been easier than last time. Granted, a big part of that is that he was in a hotel so we were on video chat almost all day. The hard part will start when we are not in as close contact. The boys are still doing fine, but Austin has resumed the habit of sleeping in the playpen in my room. Part of me knows that it is a bad idea to continue the habit, but the other part of me is being selfish because having him in here comforts me too. Maybe tomorrow night I will put him back in his room, but for tonight, I am glad he is keeping me company, even if he is driving me nuts! LOL! 
    We had an uneventful day. We just sat at home. The boys played and I crocheted. They have started little wrestling matches but it is funny because they don't wrestle aggressively, they do this weird hug wrestle! They crack me up! 
    Anyways, since today was so uneventful I am going to keep this post short! 

Highlight of the Day: This might seem silly but David and I were chatting and he said to me "I love you so much and I can't wait to come home!" I kid you not, I printscreened it and saved it! My husband will never be accused of being emotional. He is a very logical minded person and does not really see a need for feelings and emotions...lol. Anyone who knows me knows that I thrive on emotion. I have a strong love for my friends and family and that passion is the driving force in my life. Whereas his is his success and being a provider for his family. I think in a way he has the mindset that it is the job of the wife/mother to be the loving and nurturing person in a family, and it is the man's job to go to work and make a living to put a roof over their heads and food on the table, and the two "duties" should be kept separate. So he does not express emotion....well....ever really. So those simple words, that might not be any big deal to someone else, were huge for me. I can honestly say I do not ever remember him saying that, or anything even close to that, to me. In fact, at the beginning of our relationship I would just get a casual "love ya lots" or when we chat its a luv u 2. He tells me he loves me a lot, but usually it is in response to me saying it to him or when we are getting off the phone, so it feels more like an automated response because it is what you are supposed to say when someone says it or when you get off the phone. Don't get me wrong, I know that he loves me, I don't doubt that just because he doesn't throw himself on a sword to profess his love to me. I know that he loves me. But for him to say what he said, it just proves how intensely he was feeling when he said it, and that is why it was so important and touching to me. It is way outside of his comfort zone to show emotion, so that was huge. I can honestly say that I will never forget that because it meant so much to me. (Luckily he never reads my blog cuz he would probably kill me for saying all that...LOL!) Anyways, like I said, it may seem insignificant to some people but it was incredibly touching for me and it definitely was the highlight of my day!

I am off to bed!!! Good night!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment