Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1

     Surprisingly, today was still just like a normal day, except that David did not come home from work. Austin got to do a video call with his Daddy for a few minutes before nap, but naturally, Aiden woke up right after David got offline to go to bed. I still don't feel any different. It has never been this easy when he has left before. He has had other short TDY's, one that was only a week when I was pregnant with Austin and even that was a lot harder than this for some reason. Maybe it is just a growing up thing. I was 21 when he went for his 1 week TDY, now I will be 25 in January. That may not be that many years, but I think that there is a huge difference in the maturity level of a 21 year old and that of a 25 year old in many cases, so maybe that is a big part of it. Maybe it is because this time there  is nothing major going on in our lives. He has left twice, the one week trip that I mentioned, then the Korea trip which happened right after Aiden was born and he had colic and reflux so I was up all night with Aiden and up all day with Aiden and having to find time in there to video chat with David, so it was a strenuous time. Nothing like that this time. 
    I can tell that we are already getting a little stressed out, whether I feel it or not, because the few seconds we actually have talked since he left were kind of snippy, so obviously we are going to have to get adjusted to doing the long distance thing again, but it seems to always kind of start out this way, so we'll see what the next few days hold. 
    Well, I am going to keep this one short. I was ready for bed at 8 but stayed up to catch David before he went to work, but didn't really get to talk to him anyways, and it is 2, so I am definitely feeling a little crabby right now and ready to get some sleep! LOL! The highlight of the day was getting up and making breakfast for my boys :) And I got my whole kitchen finished! We had junk laying around like paperwork that needed to be sorted through, and we have kind of neglected the chores getting ready for David to leave so I got those done so it was nice to feel like I accomplished something too! Anyways, I am off to bed! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment