Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 12

    The days are starting to go faster now. The first week was the longest. This week has gone by really fast. Hopefully the next 2 weeks will go fast, then the 2 weeks he is here will go really slow, then the rest of the deployment will go really fast. Of course, it will probably be the exact opposite, but hey, a girl can dream! We went over to my friends house to do pics of the kids in their costumes today. I am so glad to have her back here! She just got back from being on the mainland for a long visit. So I have missed her, and am glad to have her here now, more than ever. About 10 minutes after we got there her power went out so we were burning up and the studio lighting wasn't working, so we had to work around that, but it was still fun :) 
     Tomorrow I get to go for my first pamper day since David left. I am just going to go get my nails done, but it is quiet alone time and I think I might pay the extra for the good massage with the pedi! I could definitely use some relaxation! Other than that, today has actually been pretty uneventful, so this is going to be a short post. Especially since it is 1:30 and Austin just went to sleep! So I am beyond exhausted! I feel like we are slipping back into a bad schedule so I need to get him turned around again. But he is still having the nightmares. At first I wasn't sure why he was waking up and crying, but I knew it was nightmares for sure because I brought him into my room to sleep last night after he woke up the last time and he would fall asleep and be in a good sound sleep for a while, but then I would hear him start to groan a little bit and toss and turn then he would wake up just bawling. And since he was already in my room, I knew it wasn't just a cry for me to come get him or something like that. I am going to have to look into what I can do to try to help him. He can't tell me about his dreams yet and I feel so helpless when he wakes up like that. I am glad to know that I can at least comfort him and he goes right back to sleep, but that just doesn't seem like enough. So I think I will start doing some research and seeing if there is anything else I can do to help him.
     Other than that, it is obviously still really hard being away from my husband but things seem to be settling down here a little bit, so that is good. Well, the house is quiet and I am yawning so I am going to close here for the night. The highlight of my day was seeing the boys all dressed up in their costumes! They looked so adorable! I can't wait to take them trick or treating, then coming home and watching Austin hand out candy! It will be so much fun. I just wish David didn't have to miss it. He hates Halloween, but something tells me he would change his mind when he watched the boys have so much fun! Anyways, that's it for me! Have a good night! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment