Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 8

     Day 8. Made it over the one week mark. I can't believe it has only been a week. It feels like it is dragging by so slow. However, I officially finished my classes today so that is one less stress to worry about. And it is unfortunate that my flash is having problems, but I think it might be a blessing in disguise. I was so intent on keeping myself busy and distracted that I was completely overwhelming myself, and with the boys not sleeping well at night, I have been tired and crabby on top of it. So, having the time off from working and schoolwork, I will be able to just focus on my kids and the house and things like that. So, like I said, a blessing in disguise. There is still quite a bit going on this week, but by Friday things should start to slow down. I finished the edits from Friday's photo shoot, so that is one more down! I am really happy with how they came out!
    Once things settle down this week I want to take a day or two to relax, as much as one can relax with 2 toddlers! LOL! Then focus on the things I want to do around the house. I have had things around the house that I have wanted to do since David left, but things have been so crazy and when I didn't have something going on, I have been so exhausted I just want to pass out! I guess my body still isn't quite adjusted to the transition. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I guess I really didn't realize how much extra work there is when there are 2 kids and one less adult. He is good about helping out a lot when he is home, so it has made a huge difference having him gone. He usually does dinner with the boys and bed time routine. I do wake up stuff and breakfast and lunch. Then I get to relax in the evenings while he takes over with the kids. I really didn't realize how much I rely on that time to myself. Now it is nonstop. By the time they go to bed, I am too tired to enjoy quiet time! LOL! 
     All in all today has been a pretty good day. I finished my Math exam, which did not go as well as I would have liked. David helped me with it so we both had the test open. When I went to submit it, even though we had done all of the answers, it said that 12 of them were left blank, so I didn't get credit for them. But even without those 12 I still got a 70, so I am not going to complain. I passed the test, I passed the class, that's good enough for me. My 4.0 went out the window but we have had so much going on during this semester I knew that was inevitable. And I still got B's so I am happy!
     Well, I hear Austin awake again tugging on his baby gate so I better go get him before he wakes up his brother. Tomorrow is play group, then I have to go try to work on the fence packet! So I am out of here! But the highlight of my day was definitely getting done with my classes, and of course all the time I got with my kiddos! Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment